In this blog we explore ideas for refreshing your Bee-Bot and Blue-Bot and making the most out of these versatile resources.
Most primary schools and teachers are aware of Bee-Bots. They have been around such a long time now, that even many grown-ups have fond memories of the little yellow and black robots.
But, in a busy learning environment with so much to think about, they can be under-used and (perish the thought!) left unused and unloved in cupboards.
Bee-Bots and Blue-Bots are incredibly versatile resources. They are well-known for teaching early coding skills, but there are also many ways they can be used across the curriculum.
For little or no money, you can refresh them and make them an integral part of your setting.
Free resources include:
- Videos – Terrific Testing Squad – Play and explore with Blue-Bot and get great ideas.
We also have a large collection of inexpensive accessories to add some extra excitement and revitalise your Bots!
Did you know there are more than 30 mats available covering a wide range of topics and subjects? Here are a few for you to explore.
More ways to refresh your Bee-Bots and Blue-Bots
To accompany the mats we have topic tins that contain six jackets to transform Bee-Bot and Blue-Bot into a range of characters, ten cross-curricular activity cards and twenty prop pieces to place on the mat!
- Push objects from one destination to another with the rainbow coloured Bee-Bot/Blue-Bot Pushers.
- Draw shapes with the quality Bee-Bot/Blue-Bot Pen Holders
- A Tactile Reader provides a unique and fun way to program your Bots. Place the instructions on the reader, press go and watch your Bots complete the program.
- A smart Hive Storage Bag, that comes with six Bee-Bots and a Docking Station, is ideal for transporting your Bots and keeping them safe. You can then take your Bots anywhere you go!
So don’t leave your Bee-Bot and Blue-Bot unused. Get them out and use them to explore a range of cross-curriculum learning opportunities and enhance coding and computational thinking skills.